About the Queen Mary University of London Program
Queen Mary is one of the larger multi-faculty institutions of the internationally-renowned University of London. It is also dynamic and future-focused, with a contemporary approach towards education, life and culture. As one of the larger colleges of the internationally renowned University of London you can be assured of a world-class education. Queen Mary is a leading teaching institution at which many faculty members are leaders in their field. It is also one of only a few campus universities in the city. Queen Mary is situated in the heart of the East End, an area of London with a rich past, but also one which has become one of the capital's most vibrant and exciting areas today.
Visit their website, at: http://www.qmul.ac.uk
View International Student Guide: Queen_Mary_International _Student_Guide.pdf
The Queen Mary University of London Program offers you the opportunity to:
- Live and study in one of the world's most rewarding and cosmopolitan environments,
- Receive instruction in small classes, seminars, and tutorials from members of the faculty of Queen Mary University of London,
- Improve your writing and research skills,
- Have total integration with students from Queen Mary University of London as well as international students.
Your experience on the Queen Mary University of London Program will:
- Integrate you into British society and the British educational system,
- Make you a better student,
- Expand your outlook on the world,
- Build your self-esteem and self-confidence,
- Greatly enhance your career prospects.
At Queen Mary University of London, you will:
- Live with British students in one of the university's halls of residence,
- Receive a comprehensive on-site orientation to study at Queen Mary University, London that will maximize the benefits of your semester/year of study,
- Have the benefit of an on-going program of field trips, excursions, and social events. The Brockport London Extras, organized specifically for the Brockport program participants by our Resident Director, an experienced academic and life-long London resident,
- Enjoy the security of a complete package of academic and non-academic support services provided by the International Office at Queen Mary University, London
The City of London
London is, in addition to being the center of British politics, business, art, music, and culture, a great city for students. There is always lots to do and see, and many opportunities for research, study, entertainment, and fun. "If you are a 20-year old - it is where you want to be". The area has many artists, art galleries, museums, nightclubs and bars.
For a preview of the excitement of today's London, visit one of these sites on the web:
Housing & Orientation
Aside from the University itself, a major benefit of studying at Queen Mary, University of London is the range and variety of accommodation. On-campus, self-catered flats with single rooms is guaranteed to students who apply by the deadline.
All participants in Brockport's program at Queen Mary, University of London will be offered University housing by the Accommodations Office at one of the residence halls on or near their primary campus. Participants are offered single rooms in halls. Most rooms have en suite bathroom facilities, while others are shared. Kitchens for preparing meals are shared with other students in the suite or hallway. In all situations, housing is scheduled only for the duration of the program and students wishing to travel before or after the program need to make supplementary arrangements. There is free internet access, including computer hookups in room and computing centers in many buildings on campus. For more information visit: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/qmliving/accommodation.
A three-day orientation to Queen Mary, University of London, British culture, and the London area is a compulsory part of each semester's program, and is mandatory for participants in the Brockport Queen Mary, University of London Program. Students are expected to arrive in London in time to begin their studies with this introductory course.
During this period before the start of classes, each student will meet with an advisor and review the timetable of their classes and make any necessary adjustments possible.
Fees for the Brockport Queen Mary, University of London Semester Program
Budget Sheet for Undergrad Program Fall 2018 : $14,824.24 (Est.)
Budget Sheet for Undergrad Program: Spring 2018 - $14,708.86 (Est.)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- TUITION (at SUNY and at Queen Mary, University of London*)
- Program Acceptance Fee
- Pre-departure Orientation Materials
- On-site orientation
- Queen Mary's Study Abroad Office Services
- Airport Pickup
- Brockport's Study Abroad Office Services
- Various campus-specific fees*** (college fee, technology fee, etc.)
- SUNY International Health Insurance**
- Airfare to and from London (or from London to/from Europe)
- Personal Expenses
As a very rough guide, a participant in the Brockport Queen Mary Program will need around £500 to £600 per month to pay for daily local travel, textbooks and other school supplies, entertainment, meals and other necessities.
Financial aid applies towards fees. Please be sure to check with the Financial Aid Office at your home school. If applying or receiving financial aid, you will need to give the Financial Aid Office (at your home school) a copy of your acceptance letter and budget sheet.
*Enrollment in most Science and Engineering programs at Queen Mary are at an additional extra charge.
**The SUNY International Health Insurance is mandatory and will be included on the student's Brockport invoice.
*** Varies depending on the SUNY campus at which the participant pays tuition.
The cost (and items included in the cost) as listed on the website are subject to change and should be considered estimates. Final budget sheets will be mailed to the student prior to departure and usually upon acceptance.
Participants in Brockport's Queen Mary, University of London Program will select four classes from the more than 600 courses available to study abroad students at Queen Mary, University of London. Students are encouraged to review the most recent courses listings (those checked as 'associate' are available to study abroad students) at the following site: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/modules/
All instruction in Brockport's Queen Mary, University of London program is by Queen Mary, University of London faculty and participants are examined in the same manner and to the same standard as their British classmates. The majority of courses they enroll in are examined formally at the end of the semester and in order to be awarded credit, participants must take-and pass-the examination at the end of the study period.
Participants in Brockport's Queen Mary, University of London program normally earn 15-16 credit hours. The full module load is 60 Queen Mary module credits each semester -- this will almost always be four modules (courses) although there are a few double unit modules, available in the Drama and History departments.
View a list of the possible academic subjects offered by the Queen Mary- University of London Program as well as all of Brockport's university programs in England, here: Academic Subjects- Programs in England.pdf
Spring 2018 (est): January 8th, 2018 - June 8th, 2018
Fall 2018 (est): September 15th, 2018- December 15th, 2018
Important note: Please do not book your travel arrangements until you have received the official Travel Memo from your program advisor.