About the France Intersession at Institut de Touraine
The Institut de Touraine, in Tours, France Intersession Program allows students to participate in one 3-week session. This ensures students to continuously progress their French language skills.
The French language immersion program through Brockport is conducted at the Institut de Touraine in Tours, France. The Institut specializes in teaching French to non-native speakers. The Institut de Touraine is a pedagogic branch of the University of Tours and is housed in two well-appointed nineteenth-century mansions in the historic old section of the city of Tours.
Visit their website: http://www.institutdetouraine.com/en
Tours is a busy provincial capital in a region of France with one of the most perfect climates in Europe, and in which (reputedly) the "most perfect" French is spoken. Paris is only one hundred fifty kilometers from Tours (one hour by train).
Visit the city website: http://www.ligeris.com/index/us
The Brockport French Language Immersion Program offers you the opportunity to:
- Study in Tours, France at a well established language school,
- Receive instruction in small classes with one on one attention,
- Improve your French written, oral and research skills.
Your experience in the French Language Immersion Program will:
- Integrate you into French society,
- Make you a better student,
- Expand your outlook on the world,
- Build your self-esteem and self-confidence,
- Greatly enhance your career prospects,
- Improve your foreign language skills tremendously.
At the Institut de Touraine, you will:
- Live with a French family,
- Receive a comprehensive on-site orientation to study in France that will maximize the benefits of your semester of study,
- Benefit from a program of field trips organized specifically for the Brockport program participants by the Institut,
- Enjoy the security of a complete package of academic and non-academic support services provided by the Institut de Touraine and Brockport's Resident Director.
Housing & Orientation
Housing for participants of the Brockport Tours Program is in homestays with French-speaking families in Tours. Students are placed with these families by the Institute. The cost of housing is based on single accommodation (bathroom shared with others in household).
Students should expect to be placed in accommodation from 10 minutes to 30 minutes walking distance from L'Institut de Touraine.
The homestay includes: half-board Monday thru Friday, full board on week-ends, laundry once a week, towels and bed sheets and free Wi-Fi.
Fees for Brockport's Institut de Touraine, France Winter Program
Budget Sheet for Winter 16/17 Program: $2,983.89
- Program Acceptance Fee
- SUNY International Health Insurance**
- Campus-specific fees* (College Fee and Technology Fee)
- Home-stay meals (14 per week)
- Pre-departure orientation materials
- On-site orientation upon arrival in Tours
- Brockport's Study Abroad Office Services
- Select excursions (other optional excursions are also available at an additional cost)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transportation from Paris airport to Tours
- Some meals
- Round-trip Airfare to/from Paris, France
- Personal Expenses
As a very rough guide, a participant in the Brockport Tours Program will need around $400 per month to pay for daily local travel, textbooks and other school supplies, entertainment, meals and other necessities.
- This estimate does not include the purchase of clothing; travel in France or Europe outside of the excursions/field trips organized by the program.
- The group flight will cost participants approximately $1,100 (depending on departure/return dates, the point of origin of any connecting flights in the US, etc.).
The actual amount that you will spend depends heavily on your style of living, and will vary with each individual's personal spending habits, entertainment preferences and travel choices.
Financial aid applies towards fees.
*Varies depending on the SUNY campus at which the participant pays tuition.
**The SUNY International Health Insurance is mandatory and will be included on the student's Brockport invoice.
The cost (and items included in the cost) as listed on the website are subject to change and should be considered estimates. Final budget sheets will be mailed to the student prior to departure and usually upon acceptance.
Winter courses are organized in 9 levels, from total beginner to advanced.
Winter session is worth 3 credit hours.
All 9 levels meet for intensive language courses every morning, Monday through Friday, from 8:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. In the Afternoons Levels 1 and 2 courses have 90-minute laboratory seest):
Winter 2018 Dates (Est):
January 7th- January 20th, 2018