About the Prague Internships Summer Program
All College at Brockport full time internships in Prague, Czech Republic are located in Central Prague or its immediate suburbs, providing the opportunity to experience how the Czech live and work. Every placement location has its own opportunities to try new things and to create a network of international contacts.
At the heart of Central Europe, Prague offers students an insight into the region’s business, politics, culture and history. Supporting growing interest in international internships by universities and their students, the Czech Republic provides a wide range of internship opportunities in business, arts, media, and entrepreneurship to name a few. The rich history and culture of the Czech Republic experienced through the lens of an English-speaking, academic internship placement will offer students an extraordinary opportunity to integrate into the Czech life.
The College at Brockport works with the largest independent internship provider in Europe, which places over 1,800 young people each year in a wide-range of professional practice situations in a variety of industry sectors. Placements are arranged by an experienced team working with each student on an individual basis. The placement team makes a considerable effort to match each student to an appropriate placement and to monitor the students throughout the semester. EUSA placements in Prague offer students the chance to gain work experience in one of the most industrialized countries of Central Europe. The Czech Republic is home to several international businesses and organizations, and offers students opportunities to explore outside the traditional European destinations.
The Brockport Prague Internship Program offers you the opportunity to:
Your experience on the Prague Internship Program will:
- Live and work in one of the world's most friendly, dynamic capitals,
- Receive work experience in a company, organization, or agency affiliated with your area of study and interests,
- Improve your writing and research skills,
- Have total integration with other Czech counterparts.
On the Brockport's Prague Internship Program you will:
- Integrate you into Czech society,
- Make you a better student and worker,
- Expand your outlook on the world,
- Build your self-esteem and self-confidence,
- Greatly enhance your career prospects.
- Live in the city of Prague,
- Receive a comprehensive on-site orientation that will maximize the benefits of your semester/year of study,
- Enjoy the security of a complete package of academic and non-academic support services provided by Brockport.
Housing & Orientation
Student housing is available and included in the cost of the program. Fully furnished apartment style housing in shared rooms. EUSA will organize a pre-departure orientation and an orientation for students once they arrive Prague. The orientation will include social activities and excursion. In Prague, each student will meet with the placement supervisor to reconfirm the internship responsibilities and student suitability.
There will be a basic social program that will be available to students during the course of the program. This may include a tour of the city and other optional excursions that will vary by season.
Fees for Brockport's Summer Prague Internship Program
Summer 2019 Budget Sheets - Undergraduate and Graduate
(NYS Resident Estimated Cost - 9 Undergraduate
(Non-NYS Resident Estimated Cost - 9 Undergraduate
(NYS Resident Estimated Graduate
Cost - 6 Grad Credits)
(Non-NYS Resident Estimated Graduate
Cost - 6 Grad Credits)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Program Acceptance Fee
- Tuition (9 Undergraduate Credits or 6 Graduate Credits)
- SUNY International Health Insurance*
- Campus-Specific Fees (college fee and technology fee)**
- Pre-departure orientation materials
- On-site program and internship orientation in Prague, Czech Republic
- Internship place and coordination
- Airport Pick-up for designated flight
- Shared housing
- On-site program management and emergency support
- Cultural Exploration and Activities program, and
- Brockport's Study Abroad Office Services.
- Airfare to and from Prague
- Textbooks and Supplies
- Personal Expenses
- Local Travel
The actual amount that you will spend depends heavily on your style of living, and will vary with each individual's personal spending habits, entertainment preferences and travel choices.
Financial Aid applies towards tuition and fees
*The SUNY International Health Insurance is mandatory and will be included on the student's Brockport invoice.
The cost (and items included in the cost) as listed on the website are subject to change and should be considered estimates. Final budget sheets will be mailed to the student prior to departure and usually upon acceptance.
**Various depending on the SUNY campus at which the participant pays tuition.
- Under Graduate Students will receive 9 credits.
Graduate Students will receive 6 credits.
Interns will spend 8 weeks in Prague. Participants in the program will be placed in businesses or non-profit organizations where they will be integrated into the workforce and perform tasks and projects assigned by supervisors and managers. Interns will normally work 8 hours per day for five days per week. Interns will also be required to follow the academic syllabus established for the course which will involve maintaining an attendance/activities log, submitting 1-2 page weekly journals on established topics and completing two, 5-page papers. These assignments will be submitted by email to the instructor at Brockport.
Resume for Application
Students will need to submit their resume in the CV format
. CV stands for Curriculum Vitae (Latin for "course of life"). This term is used interchangeably with "resume" in Europe. A CV can be up to 2-3 pages.
From politics to the arts, placements are available for a broad spectrum of intellectually engaging internships based on your field of interest, internship goals, and skills. Here are just a few of the industries available in Prague:
Arts & Culture
Business & Industry
- art galleries, music schools, museums and theaters
- accounting, finance, economics, entrepreneurship, human resources, management, marketing and supply chain
- journalism, social media and public relations
- computer science and environmental engineering
Summer 2019 (est): June 3rd-July 27th
Important note: Please do not book your travel arrangements until you have received the official Travel Memo from your program advisor.