About Roehampton's International Summer School Program
Roehampton is a small, friendly, collegiate community where students can live, learn, and socialize together on a beautiful and historic campus in southwest London. Roehampton offers a range of excellent facilities as well as easy access to the world-class museums, libraries and galleries of London. By embarking on this period of study you will experience British university life, make new friends, and immerse yourself in London.
Two sessions are offered, each lasting three weeks and earning five credits per session, giving you the opportunity to stay in London for three or six weeks. Academic pathways include areas such as Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Business and Media, and Arts.
The International Summer School Program offers you the opportunity to:
Your experience on the Summer School Program will:
- Live and study in London,
- Receive instruction and hands-on experience with a small, personalized group of students,
- Improve your writing and research skills,
- Help prepare you for a semester/year abroad.
On the International Summer School Program, you will
- Integrate you into British society and the British educational system,
- Make you a better student,
- Expand your outlook on the world,
- Build your self-esteem and self-confidence,
- Greatly enhance you career prospects.
- Receive a comprehensive on-site orientation to the International Summer School Program,
- Benefit from a program of field trips and social events, organized by the University of Roehampton's International Summer School Program,
- Enjoy the security of a complete package of academic and non-academic support services provided by the Office of International Education at SUNY Brockport.
The City of London
London is, in addition to being the center of British politics, business, art, music, and culture, a great city for students. There is always lots to do and see, and many opportunities for research, study, entertainment, and fun.
For a preview of the excitement of today's London, visit one of these sites on the web:
Housing & Orientation
You will be housed in on-campus student residence accommodation, provided you apply in good time. Rooms are single-occupancy study bedrooms with internet connection, an optional private bathroom, and shared kitchen facilities. Bedding and kitchen supplies are also provided courtesy of the university. Accommodation is self-catering; and there are plenty of cafes and diners on campus if you're not sure of your culinary skills!
The University of Roehampton runs a free airport collection service for Summer School students flying into Heathrow Airport on arrivals day. You will then complete a comprehensive orientation program to help you settle into London life and meet other students on the program. Full information is provided via email once you have received an offer.
Fees for Brockport's England: University of Roehampton Summer 2019 Program:
Undergraduate Summer Program Cost
(Estimated - 5 Credits)
(Estimated Out of State Resident Cost - 5 Credits)
(Estimated NYS Resident Cost - 10 Credits)
(Estimated Out of State Resident Cost - 10 Credits)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- SUNY International Health Insurance*
- Various Campus Fees (college fee, technology fee, etc.)**
- Housing (single bedroom with shared bathroom and shared kitchen, self-catered accommodation)
- Program acceptance fee
- Field Trips
- A weekend trip
- Pre-departure orientation materials
- Summer School Social Program (evening activities, day trips, and weekend trip)
- On-site orientation upon arrival at University of Roehampton
- Roehampton's Study Abroad Office Support
- Brockport's Study Abroad Office Services
- Airfare to and from London (or from London to/from Europe)
- Personal Expenses
The actual amount that you will spend depends heavily on your style of living, and will vary with each individual's personal spending habits, entertainment preferences and travel choices.
Financial aid applies towards fees.
*The SUNY International Health Insurance is mandatory and will be included on the student's Brockport invoice.
**Varies depending on the SUNY campus at which the participant pays tuition.
Note: We strongly recommend that you purchase trip insurance to cover loss of luggage, cancelled/missed flights, missed/cancelled program, etc. In the event that you cannot attend a program (for example, with a medical emergency or U.S. State Department Travel Warning), such insurance can cover loss of program fees resulting from a cancelled program.
Courses & Credits
Participants may enroll for one or both summer session programs. Each program is three (3) weeks and worth five (5) credits each. Please note, that students are asked to list a first and second choice in the case that their first choice class is unavailable.
We offer an exciting variety of modules, all developed by academics with national or international reputations for their research, so you will learn in an environment that is rich in creativity and new ideas. We are running two academic sessions that each run for three weeks. You will study one module of 20 UK credits per session and you can come for either one or both sessions, earning a maximum of 40 UK credits. Please note that each module is worth 20 UK credits which is equivalent to 5 US credits. U
For more information on each module, click here
One of the most exciting aspects of the Summer School is the optional Roehampton Abroad Social Programme, which includes evening events in and around London, day trips to fascinating cultural and historic locations in the UK (previously have included York, Stonehenge and Oxford), and shows in London’s famous West End. Trips are led by a qualified tour guide and the Roehampton Abroad Resident Assistant will accompany the group on each visit.
All trips will be led by a guide, helping you get to know London and other exciting UK destinations and explore them in as much depth as possible.
"I had such a great experience that I returned to London and am now finishing up a master's degree. It was such a fulfilling experience, and I believe it helped me as a student by gaining experience in a different educational setting. Not to mention all that London has to offer! I also enjoyed the extra activities that were arranged for the group of us for the program."
Students can choose to attend one or both sessions
Session 1: June 11th - July 4th, 2020
Session 2: July 2nd, July 25th, 2020
Important note: Please do not book your travel arrangements until you have received the official Travel Memo from your program advisor.