About the Prague Internships Program
All College at Brockport full time internships in Prague, Czech Republic are located in Central Prague or its immediate suburbs, providing the opportunity to experience how the Czech live and work. Every placement location has its own opportunities to try new things and to create a network of international contacts.
At the heart of Central Europe, Prague offers students an insight into the region’s business, politics, culture and history. Supporting growing interest in international internships by universities and their students, the Czech Republic provides a wide range of internship opportunities in business, arts, media, and entrepreneurship to name a few. The rich history and culture of the Czech Republic experienced through the lens of an English-speaking, academic internship placement will offer students an extraordinary opportunity to integrate into the Czech life.
The College at Brockport works with the largest independent internship provider in Europe, which places over 1,800 young people each year in a wide-range of professional practice situations in a variety of industry sectors. Placements are arranged by an experienced team working with each student on an individual basis. The placement team makes a considerable effort to match each student to an appropriate placement and to monitor the students throughout the semester. EUSA placements in Prague offer students the chance to gain work experience in one of the most industrialized countries of Central Europe. The Czech Republic is home to several international businesses and organizations, and offers students opportunities to explore outside the traditional European destinations.
The Brockport Prague Internship Program offers you the opportunity to:
Your experience on the Prague Internship Program will:
- Live and work in one of the world's most friendly, dynamic capitals,
- Receive work experience in a company, organization, or agency affiliated with your area of study and interests,
- Improve your writing and research skills,
- Have total integration with other Czech counterparts.
On the Brockport's Prague Internship Program you will:
- Integrate you into Czech society,
- Make you a better student and worker,
- Expand your outlook on the world,
- Build your self-esteem and self-confidence,
- Greatly enhance your career prospects.
- Live in the city of Prague,
- Receive a comprehensive on-site orientation that will maximize the benefits of your semester/year of study,
- Enjoy the security of a complete package of academic and non-academic support services provided by Brockport.
Housing & Orientation
Student housing is available and included in the cost of the program. Fully furnished apartment style housing in shared rooms. EUSA will organize a pre-departure orientation and an orientation for students once they arrive Prague. The orientation will include social activities and excursion. In Prague, each student will meet with the placement supervisor to reconfirm the internship responsibilities and student suitability.
There will be a basic social program that will be available to students during the course of the program. This may include a tour of the city and other optional excursions that will vary by season.
Fees for Brockport's Czech Republic: Prague Internship Program
Budget Sheet for Undergrad Program (Spring 2019)
(Est. NYS Resident Cost); $9,240.76
(Est. Non-NYS Resident Cost)
Budget Sheet for Graduate Program (Spring 2019) (9 Graduate credits)
(Est. NYS Resident Cost); $9,240.76
(Est. Non-NYS Resident Cost)
Budget Sheet for Undergrad Program (Fall 2018)
(Estimated NYS Resident Cost); $9,015.76
(Estimated Non-NYS Resident Cost)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Tuition (15 credits for undergraduate students and 9 credits for graduate students)
- Program Acceptance Fee
- On-site Program and Internship Orientation in Prague
- Pre-departure Orientation Materials
- Internship Placement & Coordination
- Shared Housing
- Program management and emergency support
- Airport pick-up for group designated flight
- Cultural exploration activities program
- SUNY International Health Insurance*
- Various campus-specific fees** (college fee, technology fee, etc.), and
- Brockport's Study Abroad Office Services
- Airfare to and from Prague
- Transportation while in the Czech Republic
- Personal Expenses
The actual amount that you will spend depends heavily on your style of living, and will vary with each individual's personal spending habits, entertainment preferences and travel choices.
Financial Aid applies towards tuition and fees
*The SUNY International Health Insurance is mandatory and will be included on the student's Brockport invoice.
**Varies depending on the SUNY campus at which the participant pays tuition.
The cost (and items included in the cost) as listed on the website are subject to change and should be considered estimates. Final budget sheets will be mailed to the student prior to departure and usually upon acceptance.
- Under Graduate Students will receive 15 upper division credits. Graduate Students will earn 9 Graduate Credits
Interns will spend 12 weeks in Prague. Participants in the program will be placed in businesses or non-profit organizations where they will be integrated into the workforce and perform tasks and projects assigned by supervisors and managers. Interns will normally work 8 hours per day for five days per week. Interns will also be required to follow the academic syllabus established for the course which will involve maintaining an attendance/activities log, submitting 1-2 page weekly journals on established topics and completing two, 5-page papers. These assignments will be submitted by email to the Instructor at Brockport.
Resume for Application
Students will need to put their resume into the CV format. CV stands for Curriculum Vitae (Latin for "course of life"). This term is used interchangeably with "resume" in Europe. A CV can be up to 2-3 pages. For more information on using the CV format, please see the following example: CV Example.pdf
EUSA places students in academic internships based on their skills, interests, and professional goals, as well as supervisor’s needs and work cycles. Prior to the start of the placement an internship job description and company website will be sent to each student via email. In Prague, each student will meet with the placement supervisor to reconfirm the internship responsibilities and student suitability. Throughout the program, EUSA will monitor the student experience through student and placement supervisor feedback.
From politics to the arts, placements are available for a broad spectrum of intellectually engaging internships based on your field of interest, internship goals, and skills. Here are just a few of the industries available in Prague:
Arts & Culture
Business & Industry
- art galleries, music schools, museums and theaters
- accounting, finance, economics, entrepreneurship, human resources, management, marketing and supply chain
- journalism, social media and public relations
- computer science and environmental engineering
Fall 2019 (est.): September 16th - December 7th
Spring 2019 (est.): January 21st - April 13th
Important note: Please do not book your travel arrangements until you have received the official Travel Memo from your program advisor.